Job Title: Supervising Social Worker
Little Acorns Fostering are currently seeking a Supervising Social Worker to join our busy office, just outside Haverhill, Suffolk. We are looking for an experienced social worker who can demonstrate recent experience in fostering and who will share our ongoing commitment in providing excellence in the quality placements we provide for the children and young people in our care.
Overall Job Description:
To carry out assessments of potential Foster Carers and to support approved Foster Carers within all Government legislation pertaining to the placement of young people within foster homes.
To provide and develop support, supervision and training packages that enable Foster Carers to provide a safe and appropriate environment for young people in their care.
- Supervising Foster Carers and in so doing maintaining regular supportive contact with them, regular supervision, maintaining case records and all general administration related to the Foster Carers so that work can be regularly reviewed.
- To visit and assess potential Foster Carers, completing comprehensive Form F’s and present them to the agency’s Independent Fostering Panel.
- To participate in Annual Reviews of Foster Carers.
- To assess, identify and deliver support and appropriate and recognised training
- To participate within the agency’s staff development programme and promotion of specialist skills and to participate in all available consultancy.
- To assist in the maintenance of Policies and Procedures within the agency.
- To develop links between the community and the agency to enable young people to participate fully in the life of their local community.
- To promote positive relationships between LAFL Service Users and all professional personnel and supporting agencies.
- To act at all times in accordance with all Regulations and Guidelines as laid down by all relevant Government legislation.
- To operate within and ensure the promotion of the agency’s Equal Opportunities Policy in relation to staff, carers and young people.
Please submit your CV in the first instance to email@example.com
Closing Date: 31/12/2018