Listed 19th January 2021
Supervising Social Worker
An exciting opportunity to join our small but busy team, Little Acorns are currently seeking a Supervising Social Worker to fill a permanent full-time vacancy. You will support the agency in ensuring all government legislation, Fostering Regulations and National Minimum Standards are complied with. Our Supervising Social Workers have a caseload of no more than 8 fostering families (plus one Assessment) to enable the level of support that we pride ourselves on. This is an office-based role offering some flexibility for home working when appropriate.
- Visit and assess potential Foster Carers, completing comprehensive Form F’s and presenting them to an independent Panel.
- Provide support, supervision and training to Foster Carers to provide a safe and appropriate environment for young people in their care
- Enabling and challenging the safe practice of Foster Carers and ensuring continued suitability and competence
- Participate in Annual Reviews of Foster Carers
- Maintain accurate recording in all aspects of the fostering task and ensuring Foster Carers are recording appropriately
- Completing and reviewing comprehensive Risk Assessments
- Working with Foster Carers to ensure CIC Care Plans are continually monitored and worked towards
- Ensuring Family Safer Care Plans are current and comprehensive
- Undertaking bi-annual unannounced visits
- Participate in the Out-of-Hours Duty Line
- Assist with facilitating Activities, Support Groups and Training
- Develop links between the community and the agency to enable young people to participate fully in the life of their local community
- Promote positive relationships between Little Acorns Service Users and all professional personnel and supporting agencies
- Act at all times in accordance with all Regulations and Guidelines as laid down by all relevant Government legislation.
- At least 2 years or more post-qualifying experience in Fostering with an IFA
- A passion for providing the best outcomes for Children in Care
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of professionals
- Desire to contribute to the further development of the agency
- A commitment to your own personal and professional development
- Transferable social work skills and a flexible approach
- Car owner and driver
If you have the skills, attitude and experience to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you. Please submit an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
Little Acorns is an equal opportunities employer.